The Best Post-SkinPen Skincare
SkinPen is a micro-needling instrument that uses tiny, sharp needles to create hundreds of micro-channels in your skin. In response to these micro-injuries, your skin triggers a natural wound-healing process that produces new, healthy collagen. The newly formed collagen lends support and structure to the skin, reducing the signs of aging, sun damage and acne scars.
During the healing process, cells in the dermis called fibroblasts produce collagen and elastin in the wound site, forming connective skin tissue to replace the damaged tissue. The collagen is then rearranged and converted from type III to type I. This enhanced collagen adds strength to the wound, and the process causes the dermis to contract by 40 to 80 percent, pulling the wound edges together and closing the wound. This shrink-wrap effect tightens the skin.
Your skin needs several nutrients during the healing process.
- Vitamin E, an antioxidant, has anti-inflammatory properties and prevents damage to the skin caused by free radicals.
- Vitamin C plays a role in the formation of collagen.
- Copper peptides are known to have skin remodeling properties and aid in the production of new collagen and elastin.
- Vitamin A aids in cellular renewal and can boost collagen levels for improved skin texture.
The Best Post-SkinPen Skincare
SkinFuse skincare products support the skin cell activity initiated during the SkinPen procedure while reducing inflammation, swelling and redness that could potentially occur following micro-needling. The products in the SkinFuse post-procedure kit deliver the nutrients your skin needs to optimize the results of your micro-needling procedure:
- Purify Cleansing Complex: This non-irritating, foaming gel cleanser removes makeup, sunscreen and surface oils. An antimicrobial ingredient purifies your skin before and after your SkinPen procedure.
- Rescue Calming Complex: This hydrating gel soothes and protects your skin and reduces inflammation after your SkinPen procedure. This complex forms a breathable, protective barrier that prevents your skin from losing moisture. Niacinamide and Vitamin E support your skin’s healing process.
- Fortify Vita C Serum: This serum helps repair your skin’s natural barrier and improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and skin discoloration. Vitamin C, an antioxidant, neutralizes damaging free radicals that prematurely age your skin. Hyaluronic acid and niacinamide increase your skin’s moisture content.
- Reclaim Hydrating Support: This moisturizer restores the skin’s natural barrier and enhances retention of your skin’s natural moisture. Magnesium, zinc and copper peptide support formation of new, healthy collagen, increasing skin firmness and elasticity. Reclaim increases epidermal thickness, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Shield Zinc Oxide 21%: Tinted 21% zinc oxide provides physical UVA/UVB sun protection that blends to your skin’s natural tones. This sunscreen contains vitamin E, an antioxidant that protects your skin.
Using the SkinFuse skincare products after your SkinPen procedure helps improve the signs of aging, revive skin and reveal a beautiful complexion.