Introduction to Fine Lines and Wrinkles:
- Considered a part of the aging process of the skin
- This aging process is accompanied with structural and functional changes in extracellular matrix components such as collagen and elastin which can result in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Zhang, S., & Duan, E. (2018). Fighting against Skin Aging: The Way from Bench to Bedside. Cell transplantation, 27(5), 729–738. https://doi.org/10.1177/0963689717725755 7
Mechanism of Action:
- Inducing the wound healing process and stimulating the skin’s natural growth factors
- Increasing the epidermal thickness and tropoelastin content
- Conducting dermal collagen types I, III, and VII
Female | Age: 66 | Procedures: 2.
Photos courtesy of Christina Clarke, Registered Nurse Bio-Health & Aesthetics, Mount Pleasant, SC