Save Your Skin This Holiday Season
Friends, food, parties, traveling. Those are only some of the reasons we love the holidays. Though this is “the most wonderful time of the year,” all that activity can disrupt your normal skincare regimens and make a healthy complexion seem out of reach.
To stay on track, here are a few tips to help you keep your skin glowing through the end of the year:
- Hydrate from the inside out. Proper nutrition is important for overall health and well-being. Help prevent dry skin by drinking water and eating foods rich in fatty acids and vitamins, including:
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega-3 and omega-6 found in fatty fish, flaxseeds, and walnuts)
- Vitamin C (prominent in citrus fruit, kiwi, and dark green leafy vegetables)
- Prepare for takeoff. About to go on a flight? Then prepare your skin for change. Apply intense moisturizer the night before you leave. Doing so will increase your skin’s moisture content before you spend time in a dehydrating airplane cabin. Also reapply moisturizer every hour you’re on the plane. Use oil-based products, even if your skin is oily, to prevent moisture evaporation during the trip.
- Do damage control when you arrive home from a party. Be merry but remember to remove your makeup when you get back home. Use a non-irritating, gentle cleanser, such as Skinfuse PURIFY, and finish with a moisturizer that delivers intense hydration.
- Take advantage of your nights at home. As fun as celebrating is, having a few days off from parties and activities can restore your skin — and your health. During these days, make sure you hydrate by drinking lots of water, nourishing your skin with foods full of vitamins (see above), and catching up on sleep.
- Invest in a microneedling treatment. Microneedling is a non-invasive procedure that helps improve the appearance of acne scars. And SkinPen® by Crown Aesthetics is the first microneedling device cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. With as few as three procedures spaced 30 days apart, SkinPen can help improve your appearance and allow you to show up to holiday events feeling confident.1 Find a list of providers near you.
1 See intended use, important safety information, and clinical trial details (data on file) at skinpen.com.