Four Reasons to Give Micro-Needling a Try
The quest for smooth, younger-looking skin is not for the faint of heart.Yet even if you pale at the thought of the word “needles,” micro-needling isn’t as scary as it seems.
On the contrary, micro-needling is a safe, relatively comfortable procedure that improves the appearance of wrinkles, acne scars and stretch marks. Here are four reasons to give micro-needling a try:
1. Micro-needling doesn’t use chemicals, heat or toxins
Micro-needling triggers your skin’s natural healing process in response to the micro-injuries produced by the needles. Your skin repairs itself by producing new collagen and elastin.
2. Micro-needling doesn’t hurt
3. Micro-needling is safe
SkinPen, a micro-needling device, can be used safely on many body parts, including your face, neck, décolletage, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back. Because micro-needling is non-ablative, meaning there’s no thermal injury to your skin, it leaves your epidermis (the protective top layer of skin) intact. Therefore, there is less risk of scarring and infections. Additionally, SkinPen was designed with several safety features:
- An exhaust port prevents suction and reduces the risk of broken capillaries
- Sterile, disposable needle cartridges reduce the risk of infection
- Bio-Sleeve technology minimizes the possibility of cross contamination by preventing fluids from leaking beyond the micro-needle cartridge
4. You won’t look scary after micro-needling
Micro-needling requires little downtime. With SkinPen, most patients experience slight swelling and pinkness/redness (like a mild sunburn) that usually resolves within 24 hours. You can resume your normal makeup routine two to three days after your treatment. You won’t have to take time off work or cover your face until your skin heals.